Toyota Place - Cashier
Position Description: Cashier
Reports to: Service Manager/Controller
Position Information: The Cashier is responsible for the receipt of payment from customers and employees in payment for goods or services, and accurately records the amounts received. Must present a professional, friendly image. Perform general clerical duties. Must present a professional appearance.
- Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record amount received.
- Flag and close repair orders.
- Make change and issue receipts to customers.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation.
- Refer customers who have additional questions to the service consultant or other appropriate individual.
- Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise and escort or refer the customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
- Perform general clerical duties.
- Attend training classes as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Ability to work well with customers. General math skills. Ability to use personal computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Frequently works on a computer or doing other “close vision” work. Finger and hand dexterity required to operate a cash register and handle cash. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date